What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
1. Our privacy pledge to you. D&R USA LLC, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter “D&R USA LLC,” “we,” or “us”), takes pride in satisfying you in every way we can and we take the privacy of your information seriously. When you provide us your name, e-mail, phone number, address, credit card number, or bank account number, or any other information that personally identifies you, you can be assured it will not be sold to or shared with anyone except as described in this policy. Please read this policy to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we treat it.
2. Application. This policy applies to information we collect on www.planetshooters.us, www.planetshootersusa.com (the “Websites”), in e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites, or through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use our Websites. By accessing or using these Websites, you agree to this policy.
3. Children. Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or on or through any of its features/register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. Also please note that many of our products require you to be at least 18 or 21 years of age and if you enter into any online shopping transactions on these Websites, you agree that you are of legal age and have all necessary authority to enter into and bind yourself under any agreements made on the Websites.
4. The information we collect about you. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
a. by which you may be personally identified, including (but not limited to) name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("Personal Information");
b. that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
c. about your internet connection, the equipment and software you use to access our Websites and usage details.
5. How we collect the information. We collect this information:
a. directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
b. automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons (also known as pixel tags), and other tracking technologies.
6. Information that you provide to us. The information we collect on or through our Websites may include, but is not limited to:
a. information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information such as when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Websites;
b. records and copies of your correspondence, including e-mail addresses, if you contact us;
c. your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
d. details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders, including financial information before placing an order through our Websites; and/or
e. your search queries on the Websites.
8. Usage details, IP addresses, cookies and other technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences; customize our Websites according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Websites. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons (or pixel tags). Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as pixel tags) that permits us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
10. How we use your information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
a. to present our Websites and its contents to you;
b. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
c. to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
d. to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
e. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
f. to notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
g. to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
h. in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
i. for any other purpose with your consent; and/or
j. to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
a. to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
b. to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential;
c. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Brownells' assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Brownells about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred;
to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
with your consent;
to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brownells, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
13. California residents. If you are a California resident, in addition to the rights set forth in this policy, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Data security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites like product reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
15. Consent to transfer. The Websites are operated in Italy. Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred in Italy. By using these Websites and/or providing us with your personal information through these Websites, you consent to this transfer.